All India Trinamool Congress Latest News And Updates
Two Lok Sabha seats and one assembly seat in West Bengal have been retained by Trinamool Congress. The by-poll was held on 19 November where the par..... Read More
According to the opinion polls for West Bengal assembly elections 2016, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress (TMC) is expected to r..... Read More
The opinion poll, which was carried out by GFK Mode for the news channel Zee 24 Ghanta, has found that the ruling Trinamool Congress will get 200 se..... Read More
The BJP is expecting to reap political dividends in the West Bengal assembly elections, according to some of the party leaders. The BJP believes tha..... Read More
Weeks before West Bengal goes to polls, ruling party Trinamool Congress has found itself in a soup with senior party leaders being accused of accept..... Read More
About All India Trinamool Congress
Founded in January 1998 by Mamata Banerjee, the All India Trinamool Congress (AITMC), popularly called the Trinamool Congress or AITMC, is a National political party. It has formed the present government in the 2011 Vidhan Sabha elections in the state of West Bengal, after defeating
The AITMC is the brainchild of Mamata Banerjee. After being a member of the Congress for two decades, Banerjee formed her own party in 1998, as approved by the Election Commission of India. AITMC formed an alliance with the BJP in the NDA coalition at the Centre in 1999. Mamata Banerjee was allotted the Ministry of Railways during the NDA regime, but she resigned within a short span of time, having split with the NDA. In the general elections in 2009, the AITMC aligned with the Congress in the UPA coalition. However, due to the "anti-people" policies of the Congress-led UPA government such as introducing FDI in retail sector, disinvestment of profit-making PSUs and increasing the price of diesel, the AITMC severed ties with the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government in September 2012.
|You may also like to Know|
|All India Trinamool Congress (AITC) Candidate List 2016|
|Mamata Banerjee Biography|
|WB Assembly Election 2016 Opinion Poll|
Today, the AITMC is the sixth largest political party in the Lok Sabha with a total of nineteen seats. It has a visible presence not only in the state of West Bengal, but other states like Tripura, Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh, where it has a significant number of MLAs in the Vidhan Sabha of these respective states. In the state Legislative Assemblies of Assam and Uttar Pradesh, the AITMC has one MLA each. It draws its mass base primarily from the states of West Bengal and Manipur.
Election Symbol and its SignificanceThe Election Symbol of the AITMC, as approved by the Election Commission of India, is the "twin flowers in grass". This exclusive symbol is famously called by the term Jora Ghas Phul (meaning grass and two flowers) in West Bengal. The symbol has all the colours of the Indian flag and its political slogan of ‘Ma Maati Manush' (Mother Motherland and People) highlights its significance. The AITMC symbol of the flowers and grass represents the essence of our nation, of the motherhood or the country. The ‘maati' or ‘motherland' here signifies mother or ‘Ma'. The people dwelling on the motherland are called ‘manush'. The AITMC is a political party which stands for the down-trodden sections of the society. The political slogan of the AITMC became its war-cry in the State Assembly elections of 2011. The simple flowers used in the symbol indicates that the AITMC is in support of those sections of the society which are apparently insignificant and are oppressed.
Leaders Of The AITMCThe leaders of the AITMC, who are also national executives, are the following:
- Mamata Banerjee, President of All India Trinamool Congress Banerjee is the current Chief Minister of West Bengal. She handles a number of ministries in her Cabinet, including Health and Family Affairs, Information and Cultural Affairs, Minority Affairs, Home Ministry and others. She was the leader of the party in the Parliament, before she became the CM of West Bengal.
- Mukul Roy, Leader of the Party in Rajya Sabha
Roy is the ex-Minister of Railways in the UPA regime. He remained in that portfolio till July 2011. Roy is the General Secretary of the AITMC. He now represents West Bengal in the Upper House of Parliament.
- Sudip Bandyopadhyay, Leader of the Party in Lok Sabha
Bandyopadhyay is the chief spokesperson of the Trinamool Congress in the 15th Lok Sabha, representing North Kolkata.
- Partha Chatterjee, Leader of the Party in the Legislative Assembly of West Bengal
Chatterjee is the Deputy Leader of the Vidhan Sabha in 2011. He is also the General Secretary of the West Bengal Pradesh Trinamool Congress Committee.
- Kanwar Deep Singh, Party Head in North India
Singh is a member of the Rajya Sabha. He is also the President of the Indian Hockey Federation.
Achievements of AIAITMCAs a state-level political party, the AITMC has had a number of achievements. Some of these are listed below:
- The AITMC has under its banner a number of frontal organizations. Its student wing which has a domineering presence in many colleges in Bengal is called Trinamool Chhatra Parishad (TMCP). Its youth wing is called All India Trinamool Yuva, its women's wing is called All India Mahila Trinamool Congress and its labour wing is called Indian National Trinamool Trade Union Congress (INTTUC).
- The AITMC played a prominent role in the protests in Nandigram and Singur in 2006, when Mamata Banerjee along with many intellectuals, came out on the streets to protest against the CPM government's firing on peasants and farmers in the region. She played a significant part in the Bhoomi Uchched Protirodh Committee (BUPC), which protested against the CPIM's land-grabbing and eviction policies, in the wake of its pro-industrialization schemes.
- The AITMC won majority of the seats in the recently-held 2013 Panchayat elections.
- The AITMC claims to have made available a number of government jobs in the state for the poor people, initiated policies for the so-called minority sections of the society and solved the Maoist problem in the state to a considerable extent. In its recent ‘Kanyashree' scheme, the CM declared some significant beneficiary policies for girl child in the family.
Contact DetailsOfficial Website of AITMC: https://aitmc.org/
Head-Office Address of AITMC: 30B, Harish Chatterjee Street, Kolkata - 700026
Phone: 033- 24540881
FAX: 033- 24540880
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
AITC Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha Election Results Year Wise
|Lok Sabha||Vidhan Sabha|
|State||Latest Year||Seats Won||Latest Year||Seats Won|
Last Updated on Sep 16, 2015