Communist Party Of India Latest News And Updates
Several opposition parties on Tuesday boycotted the Lok Sabha proceedings to protest against the speaker's decision to suspend 25 Congress parli..... Read More
Eminent lawyer Ram Jethmalani and leaders from four political parties were among around 200 people who on Sunday urged President Pranab Mukherjee to..... Read More
Virtually kicking off the poll campaign, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday declared that her Trinamool Congress would fight next..... Read More
The CPI-M and five other Left parties on Sunday announced that they will jointly contest the coming Bihar elections "as an independent, united ..... Read More
With the Socio Economic and Caste Census revealing that 75 percent of rural households have the highest earning member with a salary less than Rs.5,..... Read More
About Communist Party of India
Communist Party of India (CPI) Factsheet
|Founded on||December 1925|
|Founder||M.N.Roy, Abani Mukherjee, Evelyn Trent Roy who was M.N. Roy's wife, Mohammad Ali, Mohammad Siddiqui|
|Prominent leaders of CPI||A.B. Bardhan, S.Sudhakar Reddy, Dr. M. Nara Singh, Gurudas Dasgupta, D. Raja|
|Secretary - General||Sitaram Yechury|
|National Executive Member||Dr. M. Nara Singh|
|Party type||National Party|
|CPI Youth Wing||All India Youth Federation|
|Student Wing||All India Students Federation|
|Labour Wing||All India Trade Union Congress and Bharatiya Khet Mazdoor Union|
|Peasant's Wing||All India Kisan Sabha (Ajoy Bhavan)|
|Seats in Lok Sabha||4 out of 545|
|Seats in Rajya Sabha||3 out of 245|
|Head office address||Ajoy Bhavan, 15, Indrajit Gupta Marg, New Delhi-110002|
|Phone no.||+91 11 23235546, +91 11 23235099, +91 11 23235058, +91 11 23237972|
|Fax||+91 11 23235543|
Election Symbol and its SignificanceThe Election Symbol of the CPI is ears of corn and a sickle. This is usually depicted on a red-coloured flag, which is the colour of struggle symbolizing a communist party. The ears of corn and a sickle are very significant. It depicts that the CPI is a party of the peasants, of farmers, or labourers, who work in the fields and earn a living. It depicts the conditions of the working class. The sickle is used to cut corn and all other crops in the field. The farmer toils in the field and at the end of the day gets a meagre amount as pay. This is represented by the CPI. It is a party of the poor and the oppressed in society. The CPI, through its Marxian ideologies and practices, in support with the trade unions present across the country, addresses the issues of the workers.
Leaders of Communist Party of IndiaThe leaders of the CPI, who are also their national representatives and executives, are the following:
- A.B. Bardhan, the former General Secretary of CPI
Ardhendu Bhushan Bardhan, one of the oldest party members of the CPI is from Nagpur and has contested a number of elections. He is a dedicated comrade to the communist struggle and succeeded Indrajit Gupta as the General Secretary of the party in 1996.
- S.Sudhakar Reddy, the General Secretary of CPI
Suravaram Sudhakar Reddy succeeded Bardhan in the capacity of General Secretary in 2012. He is from Hyderabad and represents the Nalgonda constituency of Andhra Pradesh as an MP. Reddy has actively participated in a number of historic mass struggles in India.
- Dr. M. Nara Singh, National Executive Member
Dr. Singh is the current State Secretary of the Manipur branch of the CPI. He was former minister in the government of Manipur and a well-known leader among the masses.
- Gurudas Dasgupta
Dasgupta is a notable leader of the CPI and an MP in the 15th Lok Sabha. He was a member of the Joint Parliamentary Committee investigating the recent 2G spectrum scandal in India.
- D. Raja, National Secretary of CPI
Raja is a MP of the Rajya Sabha. He has written a number of notable books, most important being 'The Way Forward: Fight Against Unemployment'.
Achievments of the partyAs a national political party, the CPI has made a number of significant contributions to the political scenario of the country. Some of these are listed below:
- The CPI has made its strong presence felt in the states of Manipur and Tripura where it is part of the Left Front, in Kerala as part of the Left Democratic Front and in Tamil Nadu, as part of the Progressive Democratic Alliance. Each of these are alliances of the communist parties across India.
- The CPI also has a number of principal mass organizations like All India Trade Union Congress (AITUC), All India Youth Federation (AIYF), peasant and agricultural workers' organizations such as All India Kisan Sabha and Bharatiya Khet Mazdoor Union.
- CPI has made a prominent contribution to the cause of women in the country through its very active organization National Federation of Indian Women. Its student wing, the AISF or All India Students Federation has made its presence felt in a number of colleges, universities and participated in student politics across India.
- Official Website of CPI-http://www.communistparty.in/
- Head-Office Address of CPI- Ajoy Bhavan, 15, Indrajit Gupta Marg, New Delhi-110002
- Contact Numbers-Phone: +91 11 23235546, +91 11 23235099, +91 11 23235058, +91 11 23237972
- Fax :+91 11 23235543
- Email id:email@example.com
CPI Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha Election Results Year Wise
|Lok Sabha||Vidhan Sabha|
|State||Latest Year||Seats Won||Latest Year||Seats Won|
Last Updated on March 10, 2015