Nationalist Congress Party Latest News And Updates
The Samajwadi Party (SP) on Thursday joined hands with the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) and two other outfits and announced the formation of a &..... Read More
The BJP may not give away more than 70 to 80 assembly seats to its allies in Bihar though the latter are pitching their demands high, party sources ..... Read More
Hours after the alliance meeting held at the NCP Chief Sharad Pawar's residence in New Delhi, the party threatened to pull out of the anti-BJP a..... Read More
A meeting of leaders of the Trinamool Congress, JD-U, SP and National Conference was held on Wednesday at NCP chief Sharad Pawar's residence in ..... Read More
Several opposition parties on Tuesday boycotted the Lok Sabha proceedings to protest against the speaker's decision to suspend 25 Congress parli..... Read More
About Nationalist Congress Party
Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) Facts
|Founded on||25th May 1999|
|Founder||Sharad Pawar, P.A. Sangma and Tariq Anwar|
|Present prominent leaders of NCP||Sharad Pawar, Tariq Anwar, Praful Patel|
|President of NCP||Sharad Pawar|
|Party type||Centre to Centre - left|
|Philosophy||Progressivism, Populism, Secular democracy, Gandhian secularism, Egalitarianism, Social justice, Federalism, Social conservatism, Nationalism|
|Party type||National Party|
|NCP Youth Wing||Nationalist Youth Congress|
|Women Wing||Nationalist Mahila Congress|
|Student Wing||Nationalist Student Congress|
|Agricultural Workers' Organization||Nationalist Kisan Sabha|
|Seats in Lok Sabha||9 out of 545|
|Seats in Rajya Sabha||7 out of 245|
|Head office address||10, Dr. Bishambhar Das Marg, New Delhi- 110001|
|Phone no.||011- 23314414, 23359218, 23752938|
|Fax||+91 11 23352112|
The NCP stands for upholding the democratic secular society along with equality, social justice and unity in the nation. It believes that the integrity of India can be achieved by strengthening federalism and decentralizing power up to the village level. It believed in empowering the weaker sections of the society, especially the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and the OBCs. NCP is a strong proponent of the universal disarmament policies, which alone can bring in peace in the country. NCP believes that economic growth in the country can be achieved only through competition, self-reliance, individual initiatives which cater to the demands of social justice and non-discrimination. It believes in eradicating unemployment, starvation, communalism, exploitation from the society.
NCP adheres to the concept of a stable government which should be free of corruption at all costs. This can only be attained through upholding the Rule of Law of the country, without any biases in religion, caste, creed, gender and other social indicators. Similarly, it does not accept the authoritarian and dynastic style of functioning of any party, like the INC, against which the NCP protested fiercely. It believes in an institutionalized and democratic functioning of the party. The members of the NCP believe that no person of foreign origin can occupy the highest seats of power and responsibility in the country, namely the President of India, Prime Minister of India, Chief Justice, Chief of Army and others. Though primarily based in the state of Maharashtra, the NCP has gradually gained prominence in states such as Assam, Gujarat, Bihar, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal. It is even present in the Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Election Symbol and its SignificanceThe Election Symbol of NCP is an analogue clock that reads 10:10. The clock is drawn in blue and has two legs and an alarm button. It is situated on a tri-coloured Indian flag. This symbol used by the NCP is prominent and denotes that the NCP will keep fighting for its principles throughout, no matter how difficult the situation. The Nationalist Congress Party represents the thoughts and concerns of the common man. It symbolizes the ideals of speaking on behalf of the ordinary citizens of India. In this, the NCP must carry on its good work among the masses and for them, throughout the year, as the symbol signifies. This way, it will uphold the true traditions of India's greatest leaders who gave India its independence.
Leaders of NCPThe leaders of the NCP, who are also their national representatives and executives, are the following:
- Sharad Pawar, President of the Nationalist Congress Party - As a Member of the Parliament, Pawar leads the NCP delegation in the Lok Sabha. He previously served as the Chief Minister of Maharashtra. He is presently the Minister of Agriculture of India and Minister of Food Processing. He is a modern social thinker and is known internationally for his role as the President of the International Cricket Council in the early decade of the 21st Century.
- Tariq Anwar, General Secretary of the Nationalist Congress Party - Anwar is a Member of the Parliament, and the present Minister of State for Agriculture. He is also the Founder President of 'Jan Astha' and 'All India Quami Tanzeem', registered social organizations working for the upliftment of the weaker sections of the society.
- Praful Patel, Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises'As a member of the NCP, Patel represents the Bhandara-Gondia Parliamentary constituency in the Lok Sabha. He is also the President of the All India Football Federation and an Executive Member of the Asian Football Federation. Besides his role as a politician, Patel is the owner of CeeJay Group, the largest bidi-making company in western India.
Achievements of NCPAs a national political party, the CPI has made a number of significant contributions to the political scenario of the country. Some of these are listed below:
- The NCP has a number of principal frontal organizations such as the student wing of the NCP called Nationalist Youth Congress, agricultural workers' organization called the Nationalist Kisan Sabha, others organizations such as Rashtrawadi Yuvati Congress, Nationalist Student Congress etc. NCP has made a prominent contribution to the cause of women in the country through its very active organization Nationalist Mahila Congress.
- As Minister of Agriculture, Sharad Pawar received the 'Krishi Ratna' Award for some of the very significant policies of agriculture in the country, which reduced the number of farmer suicides in India. He increased the allocation for farming in the budget, from 2% to 4.5% per year. He introduced a number of schemes to increase productivity, as such National Project on Management of Soil, Health and Fertility, Jute Technology Mission, Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojna and rural development in general.
- P.A. Sangma, as the Speaker of Lok Sabha from 1996 to 1998 played a major role in the political development of the country. He maintained decorum in the Lok Sabha and was a strict Speaker. He is associated with a number of organizations like the Red Cross Society and Youth Hostels Association of India. He has also set up night schools for the underprivileged children.
- In the Civil Aviation industry, Patel made significant changes. He introduced a number of new world-class airports in the country, initiating unprecedented growth in this sector. Domestic flight connectivity has been enhanced and international Air India flights have been made more frequent.
- Official Website of NCP- http://www.ncp.org.in/
- Head-Office Address of NCP- 10, Dr. Bishambhar Das Marg, New Delhi- 110001
- Contact Numbers- PHONE: 011- 23314414, 23359218, 23752938
- FAX : +91 11 23352112
- Email id: email@example.com
NCP Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha Election Results Year Wise
|Lok Sabha||Vidhan Sabha|
|State||Latest Year||Seats Won||Latest Year||Seats Won|
Last Updated on March 10, 2015