|Full Name||Vasundhara Raje|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Place of Birth||Mumbai|
|Spouse Name||Hemant Singh|
|Father's Name||Jivajirao Scindia|
|Mother's Name||Vijaya Raje Scindia|
|Residence||Dholpur, Rajasthan, India|
|Alma mater||University of Mumbai|
|Position held||13th Chief Minister of Rajasthan (13 December 2013)|
About Vasundhara Raje
About Vasundhara Raje
A BJP leader, Vasundhara Raje is an Indian politician. She is the current Chief Minister of Rajasthan. She served in the same post from 2003 to 2008. She is the first female Chief Minister of Rajasthan.
Personal background of Vasundhara Raje
Smt. Vasundhara Raje was born on March 8, 1953 in Mumbai. She is the daughter of the last reigning maharaja of Gwalior of pre-Independence, Jivaji Rao Scindia, and Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia, who was a political leader in the post-Independence India.
Vasundhara Raje finished her schooling at the Presentation Convent, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu. She graduated with honors in political science and economics from Sophia College, University of Mumbai. She got married into the Royal Family of Dholpur, in the eastern Rajasthan.
Vasundhara Raje married Maharaj Rana Hemant Singh, of the royal JatDholpur family, on 17 November 1972, but the couple separated a year later. Her son Dushyant Singh was elected to the Lok Sabha from her former constituency, Jhalawar.Her siblings are YashodharaRajeScindia, Industries Minister of Madhya Pradesh, the late MadhavraoScindia, the late Padmavati Raje 'Akkasaheb' Burman (1942–64), who wed Kirit Deb Burman, last ruling Maharaja of Tripura, and Usha Raje Rana (b. 1943) who married into the Rana family of Nepal.
Political career of Vasundhara Raje
- Vasundhara Raje began her political career in 1984.
- She became a member of the National Executive of Bharatiya Janata party (BJP).
- In 1985 she became the vice president of the Yuva Morcha of BJP in Rajasthan.
- She was also elected as a member of the 8th Rajasthan assembly from Dholpur in 1985.
- From 1989 onwards, she won four successive Lok Sabha elections from Jhalawar, Rajasthan.
- She is the present Chief Minister of Rajasthan.
Membership of Legislative Assembly
- 1985-90 Member, 8th Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Dholpur
- 2003-08 Member, 12th Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Jhalrapatan
- 2008-13, 13th Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Jhalrapatan
- 2013 onwards Member 14th Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Jhalrapatan
Membership of Parliament
- 1989-91: Member, 9th Lok Sabha
- 1991-96: Member, 10th Lok Sabha
- 1996-98: Member, 11th Lok Sabha
- 1998-99: Member, 12th Lok Sabha
- 1999-03: Member, 13th Lok Sabha
Different Departments Held by Vasundhara Raje
- 1985-87: Vice-President, YuvaMorcha BJP, Rajasthan
- 1987: Vice-President, BJP, Rajasthan
- 1990-91: Member, Library Committee, Member, Consultative Committee, Ministries of Commerce and Tourism
- 1991-96: Member, Consultative Committees, Ministries of Power, Science and Technology, Environment and Tourism1996-97 Member, Committee on Science and Technology, Environment and Forests, Member, Consultative Committees, Ministries of Power, Science and Technology and Tourism
- 1997-1998: Joint Secretary, BJP Parliamentary Party
- 1998-99: Union Minister of State, External Affairs
- 13 October 1999 – 31 Aug. 2001: Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Small Scale Industries and Agro& Rural Industries; Department of Personnel and Training; Department of Pensions and Pensioners' Welfare in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions; Department of Atomic Energy and Department of Space
- 1 September 2001 – 1 November 2001: Union Minister of State, Small Scale Industries; Personnel, Training, Pensions, Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances; Department of Atomic Energy; and Department of Space (Independent Charge) 2 November 2001
- 29 January 2003 – 8 December 2003: Union Minister of State, Small Scale Industries; Personnel, Training, Pensions, Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances; Planning; Department of Atomic Energy; and Department of Space (Independent Charge) 14 November 2002
- 14 December 2003 – President, BJP, Rajasthan
- 8 December 2003 – 8 December 2008: Chief Minister, Rajasthan
- 2 January 2009 – 8 December 2013: Leader of Opposition, Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
- 8 December 2013 – Present: Chief Minister, Rajasthan
- Rajasthan Gaurav Yatra by Vasundhara Raje
- Bhamashah Yojana by Vasundhara Raje
- iStart Rajasthan by Satyam Kumar and Vasundhara Raje
- Jal Swavlamban by Vasundhara Raje
- See More Schemes of Vasundhara Raje
Awards Won by Vasundhara Raje
In 2007, she received the "Women Together Award" by the UNO for services rendered towards self-empowerment of women.
Last Updated on Sept 14 , 2020