|Full Name||Sachin Pilot|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress|
|Place of Birth||Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Education||B.A. (Hons), M.B.A.(Educated at St. Stephens College, University of Delhi, Delhi and Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA|
|Spouse Name||Smt. Sara Pilot|
|Father's Name||Late Shri Rajesh Pilot|
|Mother's Name||Smt. Rama Pilot|
|Position Held||Minister of Corporate Affairs|
|Profession||Politician, Army officer|
|Residence||New Delhi, India, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Email id||[email protected] (28 October 2012 - 17 May 2014)|
Rajasthan Elections 2018 - Sachin Pilot
Sachin Pilot Wins Tonk Constituency of Rajasthan, he is probable candidate for Cheif Ministership of the State if Congress. He secured 109040 Votes and Defeated Yunus Khan 54179 Votes who secured 54861 Votes, For more details, click here
Sachin Pilot Losing Ajmer
Sachin Pilot, a INC leader, son of the famous INC leader Rajesh Pilot, lost to Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) candidate Sanwar Lal Jat from the Ajmer constituency in Rajasthan.
Pilot garnered 4,65,891 votes, while the BJP candidate secured 6,37,874 votes, having won with a margin of around 1,71,983 votes. NCP's Sanwar Lal stood at the third position with 12,149 votes.
Sachin Pilot represented the Ajmer constituency as an MP in the 15th Lok Sabha from the Congress. He was also the Minister of Corporate Affairs, and was appointed as the President of Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee (RPCC). Pilot was the youngest Member of Parliament in the country.
Personal background of Sachin Pilot
Sachin Pilot was born on September 7, 1977 in Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
His father, Rajesh Pilot, a Congress (I) leader, was a Union minister of India. His mother is Rama Pilot. He got married to Saraa Abdullah, the daughter of Farooq Abdullah, in 2004. He has two sons, Aaran and Vehan.
Sachin Pilot is a graduate in B.A. from the St. Stephen’s College, Delhi. He holds double MBA degree, one from the Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad, and the other from the University of Pennsylvania, USA.
Detailed professional background before entering politics
Sachin Pilot has served the Delhi Bureau of British Broadcasting Corporation, and the American multinational corporation General Motors.
Political activities and achievements
- In 2004, elected to the 14th Lok Sabha.
- Became the youngest MP in India (at the age of 26).
- Defeated Kiran Maheshwari (BJP) in 2009.
- In 2004, became member of the Standing Committee of Lok Sabha on Home Affairs.
- In 2006, became member of the Consultative Committee in the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- In 2009, became Union Minister of State for Communications and IT.
- In 2012, became Union Minister of State for Corporate Affairs.
- Consortium of Investigative Journalists| International Consortium of Investigative Journalism]] cited his name in the list of politicians named in "Paradise Papers" allegations.
- Set up Citizens’ Alliance, an advocacy group against malnutrition and unceasing hunger in India.
- Member of Prime Minister’s team of youth brigade.
Sachin Pilot Elections result
|Year||Constituency ||State ||Status|
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Awards Won by Sachin Pilot
- On September 6, 2012 he became the first Indian minister to hold the position of a Union Minister and an officer of the Territorial Army simultaneously.
- To know more about Sachin Pilot and his life, read the book Rajesh Pilot: In Spirit Forever by Sarika Pilot.
Last Updated on Aug 28, 2020