Factsheet C.P Joshi
|Name||C. P. Joshi|
|DOB||Jul 29, 1950|
|Place of Birth||Nathdwara, Rajasthan.|
|Political party ||Indian National Congress|
|Education||M.Sc.(Physics), M.A. (Psychology), LL.B., Ph.D|
|Father's Name||Bhudev Prasad Joshi|
|Mother's Name||Sushila Devi Joshi|
|Marital Status ||Married|
|Spouse Name||Prof (Dr.) Hemlata Joshi|
|Profession before joining politics||Psychology Professor |
|Important positions held|
- Minister of Railways (11 May 2013 - 16 June 2013)
- Minister of Road Transport and Highways (19 January 2011 - 16 June 2013)
- Minister of Panchayati Raj (22 May 2009 - 18 January 2011)
- Member of the 15th Lok Sabha Bhilwara (16 May 2009 - 16 May 2014)
About CP Joshi
Dr. C. P Joshi, known as "C.P. Saheb" is a Congressman.
He is a Member of the Parliament of India from Bhilwara in the 15th Lok Sabha.
Born on 29 July, 1950 at Nathdwara, Rajasthan, Joshi is the son of Shri Bhudev Prasad Joshi & Smt. Sushila Devi Joshi. He attained his primary and higher secondary education at Nathdwara. He did his B.A. in Law from M. B. College, Udaipur. Afterwards he completed his Masters in Physics and Psychology. He also has a Ph.D. in Psychology.
C. P. Joshi has worked as a lecturer at the M. B. College, Udaipur. He has also worked as professor of psychology at Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur.
Involvement of Joshi in politics was initiated by Mohan Lal Sukhadia, popularly known as the founder of modern Rajasthan. Since then his contribution to politics has been significant.
Dr. Joshi began his political career in 1973 and gradually climbed the ladder of success.
Some of his noteworthy political activities and achievements are listed below:
- Became President of the Student's Union for University of Udaipur in 1973.
- As Cabinet Minister for Rajasthan in 1998, he managed various departments like Rural Development, Panchayti Raj, Education, Information Technology, Public Health, Engineering and Policy Planning.
- Appointed as President of the Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee in 2003.
- In May 2009 he began his first term in the Parliament of India as head of the Union Ministry for Rural Development and Panchayti Raj.
- Member of the Vidhan Sabha of Rajasthan for four terms, representing Nathdwara.
- Started Google India’s Getting Women Online project. The objective of the campaign is to train Indian women to make use of internet, which in turn will enhance their skills.
- President of the Rajasthan Cricket Association. The Ranji Trophy was won twice by the Rajasthan team during his term.
Devlopments under C. P. Joshi
C. P. Joshi has also initiated several development works for Bhilwara, such as:
- Rajiv Gandhi Sewa Kendra scheme was started across the country.
- He started the Bhilwara water supply scheme.
- He started the 101 Self-Help Groups schemes so that the youth of Bhilwara could avail training and employment opportunities.
- He has restarted the PMG scheme, through which 1,500 km of roads were allotted for the state.
Last Updated on Feb 19, 2020