Ballia Parliamentary Constituency 2014 Election Results
Table showing the winning and the runner-up Candidate of the 2014 lok sabha election in Ballia.
|2014||SP||Runner Up||Neeraj Shekhar||220324|
List of candidates of Ballia constituency for 2014
The table below shows who are the contesting BJP, Congress, independent etc. candidates from the Ballia Constituency in the Uttar Pradesh General (Lok Sabha) Elections 2014.
|Ballia , Constituency No -(72)|
|Election Symbol||Party||Candidate Name|
|BSP||Virendra Kumar Pathak|
|AAP||Col(Retd) Bharat Singh Shaurya Chakra|
|Bharatiya Samaj Dal||Ramji|
|Jai Hind Samaj Party||Ramroop|
One of the 80 Lok Sabha constituencies, Ballia came into being before the elections of 1952 and consists of five legislative segments. The Ballia Parliamentary constituency (constituency number 72) has a total of 1,679,029 electorates out of which 756,234 are females and 922,795 are males according to Election Commission of India 2009 reports. The city of Ballia is the headquarters if the Ballia district and is located at the junction of Ganges and Ghaghara rivers. Situated about 135 km from Varanasi, the city has an elevation of 160 m and the district sprawls over a total area of 1,981 sq km. It is the 108thto 3,223,642 people and a growth rate of 17.31%. The city has a population is 111,287.
About 51% of the district population is male and the rest 49% is female and about 14% comprises of children below the age of six. Hindus consider this city to be holy and the infamous Bhrigu Temple is located here. The average literacy rate is 71% with male literacy rate of 81.49% and female literacy rate of 59.75%. The sex ratio is 937 females for 1000 males. Languages of Bhojpuri, Hindi, English and Urdu are used here. The city is famous for being host to India’s largest cattle fair which is held annually. Agriculture and animal husbandry are the primary economic activities here. The National Highway NH-19 runs through the district.
List of winner/current and runner up MPs Ballia Parliamentary Constituency.
The table below represents the names of all the winning and runner up MPs of Ballia parliamentary constituency of all the years from the starting until now . It also shows the number of votes secured by each MP and the name of the political party they belong to. The current sitting member of parliament of the Ballia constituency is Shri Neeraj Shekhar of SP.
|Year||PC No.||PC Name||Category||Winner/Current MP||Sex||Party||Vote||Runner Up MP||Sex||Party||Vote|
|2014||72||Ballia||GEN||Bharat Singh||M||BJP||359758||Neeraj Shekhar||M||SP||220324|
|2009||72||Ballia||GEN||Neeraj Shekhar||M||SP||276649||Sangram Singh Yadav||M||BSP||204094|
|2008||Bye Pol||Ballia||GEN||Neeraj Shekhar||M||SP||295736||Vinay Shankar Tewari||M||BSP||164450|
|2004||39||Ballia||GEN||Chandra Shekhar||M||SJP(R)||270136||Kapildeo Yadav||M||BSP||189082|
|1999||43||Ballia||GEN||Chandra Shekhar||M||SJP(R)||235946||Ram Krishna Urf Gopal||M||BJP||180271|
|1998||43||Ballia||GEN||Chandra Shekhar||M||SJP(R)||260544||Ram Krishna Urf Gopal||M||BJP||231060|
|1991||43||Ballia||GEN||Chandra Shekhar||M||JP||213066||Jagannath Chaudhari||M||INC||154518|
|1989||43||Ballia||GEN||Chandra Shekhar||M||JD||251997||Jagannath Chaudhary||M||INC||161016|
|1980||43||Ballia||GEN||Chandra Shikhar||M||JNP||159901||Jagannath Chaudhary||M||INC(I)||136313|
|1977||43||Ballia||GEN||Chandra Shekhar||M||BLD||262641||Chandrika Prasad||M||INC||95423|
|1957||44||Ballia||GEN||Radha Mohan||M||INC||96501||Ram Nagina||M||PSP||50706|
*PC = Parliamentary Constituency
Facts about current sitting MP of Ballia Constituency
|Name of MP||Bharat Singh|
|Nature of Membership||Elected|
|Term||18-May-14 to In office|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Activities of Bharat Singh in 16th Lok Sabha|
|Private member bills passed||0|
Note : (Data corresponds to the period 4 June 2014 to 1 Aug 2014. Attendance updated till 25 July 2014.)
Ballia Parliamentary Constituency Election 2014 Result
The Result of the Ballia for 16th Lok Sabha Elections will be Declared on 16th May 2014
List of Assembly Constituencies in Ballia Parliamentary Constituency
The table below shows the list of all the Assembly Constituencies that fall in Ballia parliamentary constituency.
|Names of Assembly Constituencies|
Last Updated on March 1, 2014