Vijender Gupta Latest News And Updates
The AAP government in Delhi will bear the cost of opening and maintaining offices by legislators who have been asked to identify the land in their r..... Read More
The bill to amend the VAT law in Delhi, thus enabling the AAP government to regulate tax rates on petroleum products, liquor and aerated drinks, was..... Read More
The BJP on Monday slammed the AAP's budget, saying that it will lead to price rise in the capital. Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Vijender ..... Read More
The Delhi High Court on Friday issued notice to the Delhi government and lieutenant governor on BJP leader Vijender Gupta's plea seeking directi..... Read More
The BJP on Tuesday complained to Delhi Lt. Governor Najeeb Jung against the "unconstitutional conduct" of Delhi assembly Speaker Ram Niwas..... Read More
About Vijender GuptaVijender Gupta is a young leader of the Bhartiya Janta Party. He is a paradigm of ‘can do’ spirit and leadership qualities. He will be contesting the Delhi assembly elections of 2013 from the New Delhi constituency.
Personal background of Vijender GuptaGupta is married to Dr. Shobha Vijender (Ph.D.), a former member on the Bench of Magistrate of Child Welfare Committee. The two have a daughter and a son named Aaina and Aadhar, respectively. He obtained his degree in masters in commerce from the Shri Ram College of Commerce, University of Delhi.
Professional background other than politics
- Vice President of Students’ Union, University of Delhi (1984-85).
Positions held by Vijender Gupta:
- Secretary, Janta Vidyarthi Morcha, Delhi Pradesh (1980-83)
- Joint Convener, Janta Vidyarthi Morcha Delhi Pradesh (1983-84)
- President Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha, Keshav Puram Distt (1995 - 1997)
- General Secretary, BJP Mandal Pitampura (1990-93)
- Chairman, Law & General Purpose Committee, MCD (1997-1998)
- Councilor of MCD since 1997
- Member Standing Committee (1998-2000)
- Zonal Chairman, Rohini Zone,2000-2001.
- Deputy Chairman, High Powered House Tax Committee (2001-2002)
- Leader of the Standing Committee MCD (2002-07)
- Secretary, BJP Delhi State since 2002
- Chairman of the Standing Committee MCD since 2007
|You may also like to read|
|Know about Tariq Anwar|
|Know Political Journey of Uddhav Thackeray|
|Know about Elections in India|
- Panchkarma hospital
- Modern MCD swimming pool
- 6-lane bridge
- New schools
- Railway reservation counter
- 10 community centres
- Hostel for women
- Auditorium and cultural centre
Political activities of Vijender Gupta
- As President of Delhi Abhibhavak Mahasangh, he spoke against the commercialisation of education. The Delhi High Court and the Supreme Court supported the move. Consequently, children from poor families were allotted seats in the city schools.
- He took action to protect the traders against the arbitrary sealing drive, thus saving livelihood of lakhs of families.
- In 1993, his determined fight against lottery resulted in its ban in Delhi.
Vijender Gupta's achievements
- Member of the Bench of Magistrate, Child Welfare Committee
- Guest Lecturer at L.J.P.N. National Institute of Criminology & Forensic Science, Ministry of Home Affairs
- Founder President of SAMPURNA NGO
Last Updated on 24 March, 2017.