Kamal Nath Latest News And Updates
February 26, 2015 11:29 AM
The current Vice-President of the Congress is most likely to move to the top of the party hierarchy. Rahul Gandhi is likely to be the party presiden.....
Congress leader Kamal Nath Monday described Prime Minister Narendra Modi's economic agenda as "enunciation of the dreams and hopes" in.....
|DOB||Nov 18, 1946 |
|Place of Birth||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Profession before joining politics||Political and Social Leader|
|Spouse Name||Smt. Alka Nath|
|Children|| 2 son(s)|
|Achievements||He was named the FDI Personality of the Year 2007 by the FDI magazine
He was honoured with the title "Business Reformer of the year" by The Economic Times in 2008
About Kamal Nath
Kamal Nath, an Indian politician from the Congress party, is the Ex Minister of Urban Development. He represents the Chhindwara constituency of Madhya Pradesh.
Personal background of Kamal Nath
Kamal Nath was born on November 18, 1946 in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. He studied at The Doon School and graduated with B.Com. from the St. Xavier's College, University of Calcutta. He got married to Alka Nath on January 27, 1973.
Political activities and achievements of Kamal Nath
- 1980, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1998, 1999, 2004, 2009: Elected to the Lok Sabha
- June 1991: Minister of Environment & Forests
- 1995: Union Minister of State, Textiles
- 2001: General Secretary of the INC
- 2004: Union Cabinet Minister of Commerce & Industry
Kamal Nath Elections result
|Year||Constituency ||State ||Status|
- 2009: Minister for Road Transport and Highways.
- 2011: Minister of Urban Development.
- October 2012: Minister of parliamentary affairs & urban development.
Business career of Kamal Nath
- President of the board of governors for the Institute of Management Technology (IMT)
- Chairman of Madhya Pradesh Child Development Council
- 2006: Honorary Doctorate given by Jabalpur's Rani Durgavati University.
- 2007: Entitled as the FDI Personality of the Year by the FDI magazine and the Financial Times Business.
- 2008: Honoured with the title "Business Reformer of the Year" by The Economic Times.
- 2011: The richest cabinet minister in India, possessing assets worth INR 2.73 billion.
A book named India’s Environmental Concerns was published by him.
Status of Kamal Nath and his opponent candidates against from Chhindwara Parliamentary Constituency in Madhya PradeshThe table below shows the status of Kamal Nath and candidates contesting against him from Chhindwara lok sabha seat with their party names and symbols along with the votes secured by each candidate.
Last Updated on 29 April, 2017.