Akhilesh Yadav Latest News And Updates
Akhilesh Yadav, the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister is going to address six rallies in Sitapur today. Earlier, retorting to the Prime Minister Narendra..... Read More
Akhilesh Yadav the new national party president of the Samajwadi Party has reiterated that his party along with the congress would form the next gov..... Read More
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will begin campaigning for the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections by addressing a rally in Lakhimpur. Meanwhile at a Sul..... Read More
The Samajwadi Party (SP) has announced its fourth list of candidates for the forthcoming Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh. As per reports, Uttar Prad..... Read More
The Election Commission has ruled that Akhilesh Yadav’s Samajwadi party is the real Samajwadi Party and he will be able to use “Cycle&rd..... Read More
About Akhilesh YadavAkhilesh Yadav, son of Mulayam Singh Yadav is a dynamic young leader of Samajwadi leader. In March 2012, at the age of 38 years, he became the youngest person to hold the post. Akhilesh Yadav is now the president of National President of Samajwadi Party. Before the elections there was tussle in the Yadav family while Shivpal Singh wanted to push his candidates, Akhilesh was adamant on finalizing the candidate list. After much bickering in the family he assumed the command of the Samajwadi Party by dislodging his father Mulayam Singh Yadav and sidelining his uncle Shivpal Singh Yadav.
He played an important role in his party's campaign for the 2012 Uttar Pradesh assembly elections. He led the Samajwadi Party to power in the state for two consecutive terms. Akhilesh Yadav has been actively involved in developing rural life and working for the welfare of the farmers and the poor. He is known as one of the young faces in Indian politics.
Personal BackgroundAkhilesh Yadav was born on 1 July, 1973 in a village called Saifai in Etawah district of Uttar Pradesh. His father, Mulayam Singh Yadav, is a former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh. Mulayam Singh Yadav founded the Samajwadi Party of which he is also a member. Akhilesh Yadav's mother is Malti Devi. Akhilesh completed his schooling at Dholpur Military School in Rajasthan. Thereafter, he completed his Bachelor’s and Master’s degree course in Civil Environmental Engineering from Mysore University. He also studied in the University of Sydney, from where he holds a degree in Environmental Engineering. By profession he is an engineer, agriculturist and a socio-political worker.
Political Career of Akhilesh Yadav
- In 2000, Akhilesh Yadav was elected as a member of the Lok Sabha for the first time from Kannauj. Thereafter, he won the Lok Sabha elections for the next two consecutive terms.
- Akhilesh Yadav has held membership in Civil Supplies, Food and Public Distribution Committee.
- From 2000 to 2001, he served as a member of the Committee on Ethics.
- From 2002 to 2004, he was a member of the Committee on Environment and Forests and also of the Committee on Science and Technologies.
- In 2004, he was re-elected as a member of the 14th Lok Sabha for a second term.
- From 2004 to 2009, he held membership in Committee on Urban Development, Committee on Estimates, Committee on Provision of Computers to various departments.
- In 2009, he became member of the 15th Lok Sabha; he got re-elected for a third consecutive term.
- From 2009 to 2012, he served as member of the Committee on Environment & Forests, Committee on Science & Technology and the JPC on the 2G spectrum scam.
- On 10 March 2012, Akhilesh Yadav was appointed the leader of the Samajwadi Legislative Party in Uttar Pradesh.
- On 15 March 2012, at the age of 38 years, he became the youngest Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
- On 2 May 2012, he resigned as member of the 15th Lok Sabha to become Member of Legislative Council in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
|You may also like to read|
|Biography of Mulayam Singh Yadav|
|Biography of Shivpal Singh Yadav|
|Ram Gopal Yadav Biography|
Achievements of Akhilesh Yadav
- Akhilesh Yadav has been actively involved in developing rural life and working for the welfare of the farmers and the poor. He is known as one of the young faces in Indian politics.
- Akhilesh Yadav has been recognized by the Samajwadi Party for his role in campaigning for the party during Vidhan Sabha elections. His innovative style of campaigning across the state through cycle rallies was a great success as it became quite popular among voters of different communities specially the young generation.
Last Updated on 24 March, 2017.