DR. RAMAN SINGH
|Political Party||Republican Party of India (A)|
|Place of Birth||Agalgaon, Bombay State, India|
|Father's Name||Bandu Bapu Athawale|
|Mother's Name||Honsabai Bandu Athawale|
|Position Held||Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment (5 July 2016)|
About Ramdas Bandhu Athawale
Ramdas Bandhu Athawale was born on 25 December 1959. A former Lok Sabha member, he is a member of Rajya Sabha of Indian parliament and an active member of the Dalit community. He demanded firearms for Dalit so that they can use those for self-defense and fight against oppression.
Early Life of Ramdas Bandhu Athawale
Ramdas Bandhu Athawale was born to Shri Bandhu Bapu Athawale (Father) and Smt. Honsabai Bandhu Athawale (Mother) in Agalgaon, Dist. Sangli, Maharashtra. He is an under graduate from Siddharth College, Mumbai, Maharashtra. Married to Smt. Seema Athawale, he is an Artist, Publisher, Social Worker and Religious Missionery by profession.
Political Career of Ramdas Bandhu Athawale
He was the representative of the Pandhapur constituency and held the position of the Republican Party of India. During the period, 1998-99, he also represented Mumbai North Central in the 12th Lok Sabha. After he lost the 2009 Lok Sabha election, in 2011 he left the NCP-congress alliance. He led the RPI party and associated himself with the Shivsena Bharatiya Janata Party and contested for Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation elections. Athawale was elected to Rajya Sabha, the upper house of Parliament in 2014 and represented Maharashtra. Currently he is the Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Department.
Important positions held by Ramdas Bandhu Athawale
- 1990-96: Member of Maharashtra Legislative Assembly.
- 1990-95: Held position of Cabinet Minister, Employment Guarantee Scheme and Prohibition Propaganda, Social Welfare and Transport, Government of Maharashtra.
- 1998: Represented Mumbai North central in 12th Lok Sabha, President of Republican Party of India.
- 1998-99: Member of Consultative Committee, Committee on Transport and Tourism Member, Ministry of Industry.
- 1999: Re-elected to the 13th Lok Sabha.
- 1999-2000: Member of Committee of Industry.
- 2000-2004: Member of Consultative Committee, under Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- 2004: Re-elected to the 14th Lok Sabha. Member of Committee of Transport, Tourism and Culture.
- 2007: Member of Standing Committee of Labour.
- 2008: Member of Financial Committee of Estimates.
- 2011: Contested for Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation Elections.
- 2014: Elected to Rajya Sabha.
- 2016: Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Department.
Last Updated on July 18, 2020