Important positions held by Yogi Adityanath
- 1998: Youngest member to be elected to the 12th Lok Sabha at 26 years' age
- 1998-99: Member, Committee on Food, Civil Supplies, Public Distribution and its Sub-Committee-B on Department of Sugar and Edible Oils; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Home Affairs
- 1999: Re-elected to 13th Lok Sabha (2nd term) 1999-2000: Member, Committee on Food, Civil Supplies and Public Distribution; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Home Affairs
- 2004: Re-elected to 14th Lok Sabha (3rd term) Member, Committee on Government Assurances; Member, Committee on External Affairs; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Home Affairs
- 2009: Re-elected to 15th Lok Sabha (4th term); Member, Committee on Transport, Tourism and Culture
- 2014: Re-elected to the 16th Lok Sabha (5th term) from Gorakhpur constituency
- Yogi Adityanath is the current chief minister of Uttar Pradesh.
Along with holding the profile of chief minister, he is taking care of around 36 ministries himself, including Home, Housing, Revenue, Food and Civil Supplies, Food Security and drug administration, stamp and registry, Town and country planning department, Economics and statistics, Mines and Minerals, Flood control, vigilance, prison, general administration, secretariat administration, personnel and appointment, information, institutional finance, planning, urban land, estate department, UP state reorganization committee, administration reforms, programmer implementation, Relief and Rehabilitation, national integration, Rent Control, infrastructure, coordination, language, external aided project, Public Service Management, Consumer protection, weights and measures.
Yogi Adityanath has several criminal cases against him. Some of the charges are rioting, attempt to murder, rioting, armed with deadly weapon, endangering life or personal safety of others, unlawful assembly, trespassing on burial places and criminal intimidation. In 2005, Adityanath allegedly led a 'purification' drive for conversion of Christians to Hinduism. In 2015, Yogi Adityanath said that those who oppose yoga can leave India and that they should be drowned. Adityanath once likened Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan to Pakistani terrorist Hafiz Saeed and asked him to go to Pakistan.
Last Updated on Feb 17, 2020