About Bihar Legislature
Bihar has a bicameral legislature, which means that it has two-chamber legislation. The lower house is the Bihar Legislative Assembly and the upper house is called the Bihar Legislative Council. Bihar has 243 members in the legislative assembly while the legislative council has 75 seats. The two chambers are located in Patna, the state capital.
Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) of Bihar
The Chief Electoral Officer of Bihar is Shri. H.R. Srinivasa.
He is a 1996 batch IAS officer of Bihar cadre, H R Srinivas has been appointed as Secretary, Election cum Chief Electoral Officer(CEO) in Bihar. Prior to this, he was serving as Secretary of Finance in Bihar.
Tweets and Updates by Bihar CEO
Additional Chief Electoral Officers:
1. Shri Balamurgan D, I.A.S.
2. Shri Gopal Meena, I.A.S.
3. Shri Sanjay Kumar Singh, I.A.S.
4. Miss Ranjita, I.A.S.
● Joint Chief Electoral Officer- Shri Mithlesh Kumar Sahu
● Joint Secretary- Shri Kanhaiya Prasad Srivastava
● Deputy Secretary- Shri Alok Kumar
● Deputy Chief Electoral Officer- Shri Baiju Nath Kumar Singh
Contact Details of Chief Electoral Officer (CEO), Bihar
Shri. H.R. Srinivasa.
The Chief Electoral Officer of Bihar
Last Updated on: Oct 10, 2020