Telangana Rashtra Samithi Latest News And Updates
Ruling party Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) has emerged the winner in Telangana state's by-election to Narayankhed assembly constituency. The wi..... Read More
Proving the exit polls right, the ruling TRS secured a thumping victory by winning 99 out of the 150 seats of the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corpor..... Read More
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is pained over the loss of lives due to stampede during Godavari pushkaram at Rajahmundry in Andhra Pradesh. "Deep..... Read More
Congress' former Andhra Pradesh unit chief, Dharmpuri Srinivas on Wednesday joined the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS). Chief Minister K...... Read More
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Telangana on Tuesday produced Telugu Desam party (TDP) legislator Sandra Venkata Veeraiah in a city court in the..... Read More
About Telangana Rashtra Samithi
The Telangana Rashtra Samithi, famously known as the TRS, is a regional political party, as approved by the Election Commission of India. It has its mass base primarily in the state of Andhra Pradesh, a southern state of India. The political position of the Telangana Rashtra Samithi is Centre-Right and it operates on the political ideologies of Regionalism and Conservatism.
The TRS was formed in the year 2001 by K. Chandrasekhar Rao, who was initially a member of the Chandrababu Naidu-led Telugu Desam Party. However, Rao soon quit the TDP owing to political differences with the party supremo. He independently contested in local body elections and won impressively, due to his ideological and political resolutions. Soon the Telangana Rashtra Samithi was formed and it won the local institutional bodies such as the Zilla Parishad Territorial Constituencies and the Mandal Parishad Territorial Constituencies.
The chief claim to fame of the Telangana Rashtra Samithi is in its uncompromising spirit to make the dream and aspirations for Telangana a reality. The party had been emboldening its appeal to the people of united Andhra Pradesh on the grounds that it will redress the oppression and burden of the minority communities in the Telangana regions of AP.
The TRS was a prominent member of the Congress-led coalition, the United Progressive Alliance, from 2004 to 2006. In 2004, the party won 5 Lok Sabha seats and 26 seats in the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly. Within a brief span of the alliance with the Congress, the TRS quit the coalition over the inordinate delay that the Congress made in announcing the constitutional validity of the formation of Telangana. In its history of electoral performances, only once did the TRS fare poorly in the polls. In the 2008 by-elections, the party performed dismally, being able to retain only 7 out of the 16 assembly constituencies and 2 out of the four Lok Sabha seats. Such poor performance made Chandrasekhar Rao want to quit his position as President. But because party members and the people had immense faith on him, he held the post.
In the dramatic performance in 2009 elections, when the TRS initially entered into the Telugu Desam Party-led Grand Alliance, along with other Third Front members, it performed even more poorly, as compared with 2008. Even before the vote-counting began, the TRS shifted alliance to the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance. The party got only a meagre 4% votes in the elections. The TRS rode back to power only in 2012 by-elections, when renewed struggles ensued over the demands for the creation of the new state of Telangana. Finally, however, the Congress heeded to the demands of the TRS in forming a separate Telangana. In September 2013 the constitutional validity process was underway.
Election Symbol of TRSThe Election Symbol of the Telangana Rashtra Samithi, as approved by the Election Commission of India, is the “Car”. This election symbol is usually drawn on a pink-coloured rectangular party flag. This election symbol is significant as it represents what the Telugu Rashtra Samithi stands for. The oppression faced by the peasants and farmers due to the high-handedness of the feudal lords of the Reddy and Velama castes in the ten districts that comprise Telangana, was getting increasingly fierce. The TRS pledged to restore peace in the Telangana regions of united Andhra Pradesh by granting the people regional exclusivity and ethnic identity. The symbol is a promise of making each individual participating in the Telangana movement to own a car one day, such as to indicate that poverty will vanish and good times will prevail. More than anything else, the election symbol is representative of the high hopes and ambitions of the TRS, which it must fulfill for the oppressed millions in Telangana.
National Executive of the TRSThe leaders of the Telangana Rashtra Samithi, who are also the national executives of the party, are listed below:
- Kalvakuntla Chandrasekhar Rao, President of TRS: He is a Member of Parliament in the 15th Lok Sabha, representing the Mahaboobnagar constituency. He has remained a Cabinet Minister for Labour and Employment.
- Vijayashanti, Member of Parliament, 15th Lok Sabha: A former actress, she represents the Medak constituency of Andhra Pradesh.
- Sirikonda Madhusudhana Chary, General Secretary of TRS
- Jogu Ramanna
- Gampa Govardhan
- Kaveti Samaiah
- Nallala Odelu
- Aravinda Reddy Gaddam
- Pocharam Srinivas Reddy
- Eanugu Ravinder Reddy
- K.V. Rao
- Koppula Eshwar
- Somarapu Satyanarayana
- Dasyam Vinay Bhaskar
- T. Rajaiah
- Etela Rajender
- T. Harish Rao
- Jupally Krishna Rao
- K.T. Rama Rao
- Chennamaneni Ramesh
Achievements of the TRSAs a regional political party, the Telangana Rashtra Samithi has had a number of significant achievements. Some of these are listed below:
- The TRS has been instrumental in carrying forth a sustained agitation for the granting of statehood to Telangana. The TRS, through rallies, strikes, protest meetings and public gatherings, made the people aware of the need for the separation of Telangana from the united Andhra Pradesh.
- The TRS has started a number of cultural initiatives in its resolution for Telangana. It maintains a newspaper called Namasthe Telangana that reaches every household in the state, and ensures that the people are actively involved in and aware of the matter. Also, periodic street plays, theatres, and revolutionary songs have been created to reach out to the people culturally.
- The TRS has fought for the social and economic justice of the minority sections of the community such as the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, OBCs and the Muslims in the state.
- Women safety and security is one of the principal achievements of the TRS.
Address and Contact details
- Official Website of TRS: http://trsuk.com/home.php
- Head-Office Address of TRS: Telangana Bhavan, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Contact Number: 8985312999
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TRS Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha Election Results Year Wise
|Lok Sabha||Vidhan Sabha|
|State||Latest Year||Seats Won||Latest Year||Seats Won|
Last Updated on March 10, 2015