Indian National Lok Dal Latest News And Updates
The Congress government in Karnataka on Sunday said it will wait for the legislative assembly speaker's ruling on opposition lawmakers' move..... Read More
Former Bihar chief minister Jitan Ram Manjhi on Sunday said he has refused BJP chief Amit Shah's offer to merge his Hindustani Awami Morcha ahea..... Read More
The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) and the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) will contest the coming Bihar assembly elections together, it was announced on Sunda..... Read More
Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad Yadav in New Delhi on Friday proposed roping in former Bihar chief minister and Janata Dal-United rebel Jitan..... Read More
Some "technical problems" have come in the way of the merger of the Janata Parivar parties, but the RJD and the JD-U will contest the Biha..... Read More
About Indian National Lok Dal
Formed in the year 1998, the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) is a regional political party in India with its mass base in the state of Haryana. It forms the principal opposition party in the state. The founder of the Indian National Lok Dal is Chaudhary Om Prakash
The Indian National Lok Dal is a political party run on the basis of kinship networks. It was the brainchild of Om Prakash Chautala's father, Devi Lal. Having been a renowned freedom fighter and a former Chief Minister of Haryana, Devi Lal was a revered figure among the masses. Though his son Om Prakash Chautala, also a former Chief Minister of Haryana, was the founder of the INLD, all major decisions regarding the welfare of the society, and especially regarding the peasants, were taken by Devi Lal. Om Prakash's son Ajay Singh Chautala is the Secretary-General of the INLD.
The INLD formed coalitions with the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) in most of the elections since its inception. However, after the demise of Devi Lal, the INLD's popularity started declining, with the party performing poorly in all Lok Sabha and Haryana Assembly elections.
Chautala is the current opposition leader in the state of Haryana. The INLD has announced that it will initiate all efforts to overthrow the 'corrupt' Congress government, and enter into an alliance with any party towards the same goal for the 2014 general elections. The INLD, however, has not specified to join hands with the BJP for the upcoming elections.
Election Symbol and its SignificanceThe Election Symbol of the Indian National Lok Dal, as approved by the Election Commission of India, is the “spectacles” (or chashma in Hindi). This is a significant political symbol for a party that claims to work for the poor people. The INLD claims to be the voice of the farmers, peasants and the oppressed sections of the society. In the states where it has a visible presence, the INLD follows the Gandhian ideals of non-violent resistance and democratic dissent. The INLD also claims to have rescued the state of Haryana from sheer lawlessness in 1999, when Chautala came to power and solved the crisis in the state.
The “spectacle” symbol is symbolic as it indicates the power of the Indian National Lok Dal to see the downcast state of living of the peasants and farmers in Haryana and Rajasthan. Devi Lal, who took major decisions for the party when he was alive, was respected by the people for his capability to see and feel the conditions of the people for whom he fought. His major schemes and policies as Chief Minister, followed by his son, have had a vibrant impact in the whole of the state of Haryana. Om Prakash's vision is to see India as a sovereign, socialist, secular, democratic Republic. Thus, the INLD election symbol speaks for itself.
Leaders OF INLDThe leaders of the INLD, who are also the national executives of the party, are mentioned below:
- Chaudhary Om Prakash Chautala, Chairperson and National President of INLD
Om Prakash has remained the Chief Minister of Haryana for five terms. He has also been an important member of various important Committees of the Lok Sabha. As a politician, Chautala has organized various campaigns such as 'Nyaya Yuddh' for restoring justice and others. He has successfully organized a number of rallies like 'Haryana Bachao', 'Samast Haryana', 'Kisan Rally', and others. He also asserted faith of the people in the established 'Emotional Integration' of the Indian people, belonging to all castes and creeds of the state.
- Ajay Singh Chautala, Secretary- General of INLD
Son of Om Prakash, Ajay Singh Chautala has remained a former Member of the Parliament, Rajya Sabha as well as the Lok Sabha. Currently, he is a Member of the Legislative Assembly in Haryana, representing the Dabwali constituency.
- Sadhu Ram Chaudhary, Vice-President of INLD
Sadhu Ram has remained the Commissioner of Police in Haryana.
- Kumari Phoolwati, Vice-President of INLD
- Captain Inder Singh, General Secretary of INLD
Singh is a former Member of Parliament.
- Chattar Singh, Secretary of INLD
He has remained an ex H.P.S.C member.
- Padam Singh Dahiya, Secretary of INLD
Dahiya has remained an ex MLA in Haryana
- Narayan Parsad Aggarwal, Vice-President of INLD
Anant Kumar Tanwar, Vice-President of INLD
- Ramnarayan Yadav, Secretary of INLD
Yadav has remained the Secretary of HVS
- Yudhvir Arya, Secretary of INLD
He has remained ex H.P.S.C. member
Achievements of INLDAs a regional political party, the Indian National Lok Dal has had a number of significant achievements. Some of them are listed below:
- The INLD has a number of frontal organizations and cells under its banner. The most important is its student organization called the Indian National Student Organization (INSO), which makes its present felt in all the youth protests held across the states of Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan. The Women's Cell of the INLD, the Labour Cell of INLD, the Minority Cell of INLD, the Press Parvakta Cell of INLD have carried out important work.
- Under the able administration of Om Prakash Chautala, Haryana was the first state to introduce the VAT (Value Added Tax) which accelerated a steady fiscal growth.
- Chautala also opposed the so-called illegal allotment of land in Haryana by the Congress to Robert Vadra, Congress President Sonia Gandhi's son-in-law. Chautala demanded a CBI investigation against Congress for the supposed corruption.
- The INLD demanded that the number of hearings in the Assembly sessions be increased from two to a greater number, such that this would give chance to the opposition to put forward their points.
- The INLD has organized massive rallies and public meetings, so as to address the issues of the oppressed sections of the society, as well as meet their demands. The party has highlighted the poverty alleviation schemes to improve the conditions of the shattered economy of the country.
Contact Details and Address of INLDOfficial Website of INLD: http://indiannationallokdal.com/
Head-Office Address of INLD: 18, Janpath Road, Delhi - 110001
Contact Number: (011) 23782650
INLD Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha Election Results Year Wise
|Lok Sabha||Vidhan Sabha|
|State||Latest Year||Seats Won||Latest Year||Seats Won|
Last Updated on March 10, 2015