Shivraj Singh Chauhan Latest News And Updates
The BJP on Monday said that its performance in urban civic body elections in Madhya Pradesh showed that the people had punished the Congress and rep..... Read More
Members of the Congress and Trinamool Congress on Thursday protested outside parliament over the Lalit Modi controversy and the Vyapam scam. The opp..... Read More
The Rajya Sabha was marred by disruptions again on Thursday as the opposition continued to press for the resignation of External Affairs Minister Su..... Read More
The voice of the opposition is "being suppressed in parliament", said Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi as the party continued its prot..... Read More
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, embroiled in a row over the Vyapam scam in his state, on Friday met with Prime Minister Narendr..... Read More
About Shivraj Singh Chauhan
Shivraj Singh Chouhan is an Indian politician belonging to the Bharatiya Janata Party. He is currently the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh. Famous as 'bhai, beta and mama' among the people of Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj has won recognition as a strong leader by the opposition party because of his dedicated service.
Personal Background of Shivraj Singh ChouhanShivraj Singh Chouhan was born on March 5, 1959 at Jait village, Sehore in Madhya Pradesh. Chouhan is the son of Prem Singh Chouhan and Sundar Bai Chouhan. He completed his Masters in Philosophy from Barkatullah University, Bhopal. Chouhan married Sadhana Singh in 1992. The couple have two sons. Chauhan was an agriculturist before entering politics.
Political Career of Shivraj Singh Chouhan
|You may also like to read|
|Know about Praful Patel|
|Know Political Journey of Prakash Karat|
|Know about Elections in India|
- 1972: Joined the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh
- 1975: President of Students’ Union of Model Higher Secondary School
- 1976: Participated in movement against Emergency
- 1978: Organizing secretary of A.B.V.P.
- 1978: Joint secretary of A.B.V.P.
- 1980: General secretary of A.B.V.P.
- 1982: Member of National Executive at A.B.V.P.
- 1984: Joint secretary of Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morcha
- 1985: General secretary of Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morcha
- 1988: President of the Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morcha
- 1990: Elected to the State Assembly from Budni Constituency
- 1991: Convener of ABVP
- 1991, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2004: Elected a Member of Parliament
- 1992: General Secretary of BJP, Madhya Pradesh
- 1993: Member of Consultative Committee on Labor and Welfare
- 1994: Member of Hindi Salahkar Samiti
- 1996: Member of Committee on Urban and Rural Development
- 1997: Member of Committee on Urban and Rural Development
- 1997: General Secretary of B.J.P., MP
- 1998: Member of Committee on Urban and Rural Development and its Sub-Committee on Ministry of Rural Areas and Employment
- 1999: Member of Committee on Agriculture
- 1999: Member of Committee on Public Undertakings
- 2000: National President of Yuva Morcha
- 2000: Chairman of House Committee and National Secretary, BJP
- 2005, 2009, 2014: Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh
Initiatives Taken By Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- 2006: Beti Bachao Abhiyaan. It aims at eliminating female foeticide.
- 2007: The Janani Suraksha Yojna. Complete financial and medical support is provided to pregnant women.
- 2007: The Ladli Lakshmi Yojna. As per this scheme, every girl child is to receive an amount of Rs. 2,000 on being admitted in sixth standard, and Rs. 4,000 in the ninth standard. On being admitted to the eleventh standard, Rs. 7,500 is to be given to her. Rs. 200 is to be given monthly during her higher secondary education. When she completes the age of 21 years, the girl would receive the remaining amount, which would be more than Rs. 1 lakh.
- His support of secularism can be witnessed in his acts of arranging mass marriages for Muslims and Hindus; running special trains to Ajmer; being a part of Iftar parties; etc.
Controversies Surrounding Shivraj Singh ChouhanIn 2009, he was criticised all over the country for his comment to employ the local people of Madhya Pradesh and "not Biharis" in the state. However, later he made his point clear and said that everyone was welcome in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
- 2011-12: Krishi Karman award for achieving highest production of wheat in the year 2011-12.
- 2011: Indian of the year award by NDTV
- 2012: United Nations Public Service Award for Madhya Pradesh Public Service Guarantee Act
Last Updated on 30 March, 2017.