Chandrababu Naidu Latest News And Updates
Under pressure to get special statue to Andhra Pradesh, Chief Minister N.Chandrababu Naidu on Wednesday spoke to Prime Minister Narendra Modi over p..... Read More
In deference to former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam's wish that no holiday should be declared on his death, political leaders of different hues ..... Read More
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu on Monday expressed his deep shock and anguish over the demise of former president A.P.J. Abdul K..... Read More
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is pained over the loss of lives due to stampede during Godavari pushkaram at Rajahmundry in Andhra Pradesh. "Deep..... Read More
Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao on Tuesday stayed away from the state banquet hosted by the governor in honour of President Pranab Muk..... Read More
About N. Chandrababu NaiduN. Chandrababu Naidu is an Indian politician and Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.After, the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, he has become the first Chief Minister of Seemandhra. He is also the President of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP). He was a former ally of the NDA government during 1999 general elections and has again joined hands and formed an alliance with the NDA government in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. He has served as the longest Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh from 1995 to 2004. He was also appointed by Congress as the Technical Education and Cinematography Minister at the age of 28, being the youngest leader of the cabinet of Congress. Naidu is known for emphasizing on modern information technology and for making Hyderabad an IT hub in the country. He has also served as the Leader of Opposition for the longest tenure since 2004.
Political Party of Chandrababu NaiduTelugu Desam Party (TDP)
Personal life of Chandrababu NaiduHe was born on 20 April 1950 in Naravari Palle, Chittor district of Andhra Pradesh
- Naidu has become the first Chief Minister of Seemandhra after the bifurcation of the Andhra Pradesh state.
- Naidu has served as the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh for the longest time i.e., eight years, eight months and 13 days.
- He is the longest-serving opposition leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly
- He became the youngest assembly member and Minister in the cabinet at the age of 28
- He is voted as the IT Indian of the Millennium by a poll by India Today
- In 2014 Lok Sabha polls, TDP won 102 seats out of 175 seats under the leadership of Naidu.
- During the general elections of 1999, the TDP led by Naidu became victorious in Andhra Pradesh. The party won a majority with 185 seats out of 294 seats making it the second largest party in the BJP-led NDA coalition government.
Last Updated on 28 February, 2017.