About Election Commission of Chhattisgarh
India consists of 28 states and 7 Union territories. Each state has its state election commission that ensures the free and fair conduction of elections within the state.
The election commission of Chhattisgarh is a relatively a new state election commission. It was founded on 1st November 2000 after Chhattisgarh was carved out of the large state of Madhya Pradesh in the year 2000. Chhattisgarh consists of 27 districts over which the Chhattisgarh state election commission exercises its authority.
History and formation
The Chattisgarh State Election Commission was set up after the new state was formed on 1stNovember 2000,with the mandate to conduct fair and transparent elections in the state.
The Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) of Chhattisgarh
The present Chief Electoral Officer of Chhattisgarh is a senior IAS officer, Sunil Kumar Kujur. Kujur replaced his batch mate Dr Alok Shukla, who was CEO from January 28, 2006 to February 2, 2009.
1. Mr. A. Champawat, Collector
2. Mr. R. Prasanna, Collector
3. Mr. C. R. Prasanna, Collector
4. Mr. S. V. Hassan, Collector
5. Mr. L. S. Kane, Collector
6. Mr. R. Kumar, Collector
7. Mr. R. P. S. Tyagi, Collector
8. Mr. T. C. Mahabar, Collector
9. Mr. M. Bansal, Collector
10. Mr. R. Kumar, Collector
11. Mr. T. Ramsingh, Collector
12. Mr. S. K. Pardesi, Collector
13. Mr. V. S. Dhubay, Collector
14. Mr. N. S. Mandavi, Collector
15. Mr. R. K. Tappa, Collector
16. Mr. H. K. Pahare, Collector
17. Ms. R. Sangeeta, Collector
18. Ms. A. Mangai, District Collector
19. Mr. K. C. Devsenapati, Collector
20. Mr. A. K. Tappa, Collector
21. Mr. B. C. Mishra, Collector
22. Mr. S. Baswabraju, Collector
23. Mr. A. K. Agarwal, Collector
24. Mr. B. Dayanand, Collector
25. Mr. Y. Kumar, Collector
26. Mr. A. K. Khalkho, Collector
27. Mr. M. K. Abdulhaq, Collector
Schedule and Budget of election
The budgetary allocations for the forthcoming state Assembly elections in the state have not been decided so far. A few constraints so far have held back the announcement of the Chhattisgarh election budget which is expected to be announced shortly. On the other hand, the Election Commission of India has been holding repeated meetings with the state chief electoral officers to decide a final date for holding the elections in all the states that go to elections in this year. The chief election commissioner has assured that the election commission will announce the dates as soon as some issues pertaining to the elections are resolved. The political parties on the other hand do not expect the elections to be held any time before Diwali. The election commission intends to hold the elections together in all the states.
Chhattisgarh State Election Commission,
Mantralaya, Raipur - 492001
Last Updated on 10/19/2013