Telangana Assembly Elections 2018: The Bharatiya Janata Party today released its manifesto for Telangana assembly elections. Speaking about the manifesto 2018, K. Laxman, the BJP State President, said, the manifesto was prepared after seeking the suggestions of experts from more than 15 subject areas such as agriculture, urban development, electricity, irrigation, and education.
Farm loan waiver up to Rs two lakh, free laptops to degree students, regulation of liquor sale, free distribution of cows to one lakh people every year are some of the main promises in the BJP’s manifesto for the December 7 Telangana Assembly polls.
For the welfare of women, the manifesto promised provision of Rs one lakh and one ‘tola’ (about 12 grams) gold to poor women at the time of marriage under ‘Sowbhagya Laxmi’ scheme. The manifesto also promised subsidy to senior citizens for visiting Kailash Mansarovar, Kashi and Puri.
For the welfare of minorities, the manifesto promised effective implementation of central schemes, including ‘Seekho aur Kamao’, ‘Naya Manzil’, ‘Pado Pardesh’ and ‘Naya Roshni’.
The major promises include:
- Farm loan waiver up to Rs 2 lakh.
- Distribution of one lakh cows during festivals
- Free borewell or agriculture pump set
- Rs 3,116 monthly stipend to unemployed youth
- Free laptops to degree students
- Mega DSC for recruitment of teachers
- Rs 5000 a month rent to 2 BHK eligible persons till they get houses
- No examination fee for government competitive examinations
- Rs 10 lakh financial assistance to Telangana martyrs
- Rs 5 pension to people who were jailed during Telangana movement
- IT expansion to tier II cities like Karimnagar, Warangal, Nizamabad and Nalgonda
- Notification to fill up vacancies in various government departments within three months.
- Construction of 100 flyovers to ease congestion in the city
- September 17 will be celebrated as Telangana Liberation Day officially.
- Extension of Metro Rail to Patancheru, Suraram, Kompally, Alwal, ECIL, Rajendranagar
- No interview for government jobs. Recruitment based only on written tests
- The party promised regulation of sale of liquor. Restrictions would be imposed on the timings for its sale.
- For law and order, surveillance cameras would be installed at vital places in large numbers across the state.
The Telangana Assembly elections are scheduled on the 7th of December and the results will be announced on the 11th of December.