PM Modi addressed the nation today at his 5 PM IST speech. He spoke about how India has managed to fight the second wave of the pandemic. India has witnessed the deadliest pandemic in the last 100 years of history. “Our country has bravely fought this battle at many levels”, he said.
PM Modi also expressed his grief to all those individuals who have lost their loved ones fighting with the second wave of Covid-19 and also urged the citizens of India to be aware and to spread awareness on the benefits of the vaccine.
In his speech, PM Modi made several important announcements.
- The Central Government will provide free Covid-19 vaccines to the states from June 21 for all 18+ aged individuals, as the center will be bearing the entire cost.
- PM Modi also announced about increasing the vaccine supplies in the upcoming days. He said, “We have contacted more than 7 different vaccine manufacturers. 3 new vaccines are in the pipeline, undergoing the trial phase”.
- 25% of the vaccination work will be handled by the Center. The State Government and Central government will be working on the new guidelines that will be imposed soon.
- Trials are underway for vaccines for children. Research on a nasal spray vaccine is also in progress, which can significantly boost the ongoing vaccination drive of the country.
- The private hospitals can procure up to 25% of vaccines and the service charge capping needs to be below Rs. 150/ per dose.
- PM Modi extended the timeline of “Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojna” and announced that “More than 80 crores people in the country can avail free ration till Diwali (November)”.
At the end of his speech, PM Modi said “We will be offering ease in lockdown guidelines gradually but citizens shall ensure that Covid-19 protocol is being followed to win this battle”.