A heroic entity of the entire nation, Narendra Modi, the 14th Prime Minister of India is truly an iconic legend. 30th May 2020 marks the completion of 7 years of Modi government.
Sanjay Dixit in his video narrates a quick rundown of the positives and negatives, yet long-awaited reforms that rolled along the course of the last 7 years of government ruled by Narendra Modi:
- Neutralizing Article 370: A myriad of complex controversies have been fired back and forth between the two nemeses, India and Pakistan regarding the princely state Jammu & Kashmir, almost leading to war and violence. In April 2018, Article 370 was removed by the Supreme Court of India, led by Modi and Bharatiya Janata Party. Hence, it clearly implies that Kashmir is no longer an autonomous constitution and needs to abide by the laws of the Indian constitution.
- Fighting Against Coronavirus: The Government of India has done a phenomenal job in fighting against the deadly Covid-19 virus. India has taken an incredible journey led by PM Modi and the entire country has fought unitedly like a true warrior.
- Implementing GST Regulations: The Goods and Service Tax Act was passed by the Government of India on 29th March 2017. GST is a domestic indirect tax law levied on the supply of goods and services. As per the GST norms, tax is levied at each point of sale. GST revamped the existing tax structure and has also boosted the Indian economy.
- Thwarting China: Another major achievement bagged by the Indian Government ruled by Narendra Modi was thwarting China’s attempt to change the Status Quo at Eastern Ladakh.
- Twin Surgical Strikes Against Pakistan: PM Modi took a calculated risk in launching twin surgical strikes against Pakistan.
- New Labor Laws in India: The Indian Government approved the enactment of three new labor laws. The new labor law codes will consolidate a substantial number of labor legislation in India and will undeniably influence companies and their employment policies in India.
- Citizenship Amendment Act: Passed by the Parliament of India on 11th December 2019, the Citizenship Amendment Act persecuted religious minorities who migrated from neighboring countries before or by end of December 2014.
- Farm Laws: The Indian Agriculture Act of 2020, known as the Farm Bills approves three new farm laws. The first bill offers relaxation of purchasing and sale of agricultural goods. The second offers relaxation on restricting stocking and the third Farm Bill is dedicated to enabling contract-based farming based on written documentation.
- Law Against Triple Talaq: Triple Talaq, also known as Muslim Women Bill was passed by the Government of India in 2019, enabling Triple Talaq a cognizable and non-bailable offense.
- Ram Janambhoomi Shilanya: The Shilanyas of Ram Janambhoomi Mandir in Ayodhya was indeed a historic occasion where PM Modi laid the first foundation stone to commence the development of the temple.
- Backtracking on CAA: It’s been almost a year since the CAA bill has been passed. However, Modi’s government has not issued any further rules to implement this law.
- Failure to Tackle Shaheen Bagh: The way how farm protests at Shaheen Bagh were handled was clearly “unjustified” and there was no mention of it in the PM’s election campaign. In fact, some BJP leaders even surpassed it and made controversial statements like “Goli Maro”.
- Zero Action on Left Written Notebooks
- Zero Action on RTE Reform
- Zero Action on Correcting Narrative.
- Increasing Minority Appeasement.
- Tendency to Seek Approval from Enemies.
- Changing Approach on Hindutva.
- Zero Action on Hindu Rights.
- Failed Information Strategy.
Feel free to share your insights in the comments space. Do let us know how you would rate Modi’s contribution to the nation and for improving people’s well-being!