Narendra Modi takes in charge of the Prime Minister office. His first day plans include meetings with several dignitaries of the SAARC countries.more..
- Modi began his day by paying tributes to India's first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru on twitter.
- Modi meets and hold talks with Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai. As per sources, Karzai discussed about attack on Indian consulate in Herat and accussed terrorist group Lashkar-e-Taiba for the attack.
- Maldives President Abdulla Yameen Gayoom meets Modi in Hyderabad House.
- Modi meets Sri Lanka President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
- Modi announces ex-gratia payment of Rs 2 lakh each to family of the deceased in Gorakhdam Express accident and Rs. 50,000 to the injured. He also directed Railway Ministry to ensure relief operations in relation to Gorakhdam Express accident.
- Modi meets Navin Ramgoolan, Prime Minister of Mauritius. Modi discusses bilateral ties with Ramgoolan.
- Day 1 ended with a controversy related to Article 370 for Jammu & Kashmir. The controversy began when Jitendra Singh, the minister of state in the Prime Minister's Office described the Article 370 as the "pyschological barrier". He also said that "We are in the process of repealing Article 370 and are in talks with the stakeholders."Singh was criticised by Omar Abdullah, Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir who tweeted that "So the new MoS PMO says process/discussions to revoke Art 370 have started. Wow, that was a quick beginning. Not sure who is talking (SIC). Singh justified his statements and have replied saying that he has been 'misqouted' and the controversy against him is completely baseless.
- Rajnath Singh meets RSS leaders
- Cabinet of Modi decides to form SIT on black money
- Anant Geete from Shiv Sena takes charge as the Minister of Heavy Industries
- Smriti Irani takes charge as HRD minister
The highlight of Narendra Modi's day 3 in office was the 10 point agenda he laid out for his Ministers. The 10 points which Modi wants implemented in the first 100 days, include:more..
- Building confidence in Bureaucracy
- Welcome innovative ideas & Babus to be given a free hand
- Education, health, water, Energy & roads to be priority
- Transparency in the government, promote e-auctions
- System to be placed for inter-Ministerial issues
- People oriented machinery to be place in the government
- Addressing concerns relating to economy
- Infrastructure &investment reforms
- Implement policy in time bound manner
- Stability & sustainability in govt policies
- Modi tweets that his life's struggle should not be included in the school books.
- The Modi government decides to hike FDI in defence up to 100 %
- Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman approves Cabinet's proposal to hike the FDI cap in Defence to 100 %.
- According to sources, Modi has informed his ministers to not change the names of the running projects which were started by the UPA government.
- Modi shifts to his official residence and occupies 7 RCR
- As per reports, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa is likely to meet Modi on June 3.
- It is also speculated that besides the state issues, Jayalalithaa and Modi might discuss about forming an alliance between AIADMK and BJP.
- As per reports, the government might clear the FDI policy on Railway, Infrastructure and Construction soon.
Highlights of Modi government's day 5more..
- The day began with a row related to the education qualification of HRD Minister Smriti Irani. Delhi University suspended five of its officials for leaking Smriti's educational documents. Smriti appealed the University to reinstate the suspended officials.
- As per reports, US is sending its Senior State Department Official to meet Modi. This will be a first visit by any Senior State Official from the US. It is speculated that the official may discuss bilateral and regional issues with Modi.
- Urban Development Minister M. Vankaiah Naidu has said that as per BJP's election Manifesto the NDA government will built 100 smart cities in the country.
- After Article 370, The BJP now calls for a debate on Uniform Civil Code
- New National Security Adviser, Ajit Doval meets Narendra Modi
- Power Minister Piyush Goyal meets top officials following the massive power outage in Delhi & NCR
Here's how the NDA government spent its 6th day in officemore..
- Modi gets rid of all GoMs & EGoMs that were the core of the UPA government
- Diesel Price hiked by 50 paise per litre effective Midnight Saturday
- Govt mulling performance based incentives for Babus. DoPT to make a presentation to the PM soon
- I&B Minister, Prakash Javadekar says his department is seeking suggestions & inputs on allowing 100% FDI in Media
- Rajnath Singh seeks a formal report in relation to the armed attack on BJP workers in West Bengal.
- Rajnath Singh seeks a roadmap for strengthening Internal Security in the country
- PM Modi welcomes Telangana as the 29th state of the country. Modi assures complete support to the state by the Central Government
- MHA asks Uttar Pradesh government why the SC/ST Act was not applied on the accused of twin rape and murder case in Badaun district. The ministry says that here are special provisions in the law which should be applied in the cases where crime against ST/SC people takes place.
- Naveen Patnaik, Chief Minister of Odisha meets Prime Minister Narendra Modi Modi. As per reports, Patnaik is seeking a special category status for his state from the Modi government.
- Union Women & Child Development Minister, Maneka Gandhi says the government will soon make centres with legal & medical help for rape victims
Last Updated on June 3, 2014