Q
Which state goes to assembly elections next?
Elections.in WhatsappJoin Us on Whatsapp
News at a Glance

Jhansi Lok Sabha Elections and Results 2014

Uttar Pradesh infographics banner

Jhansi is one of the 80 parliamentary constituencies of the state of Uttar Pradesh comprising of 5 Vidhan Sabha segments two of which are reserved for the SC category. 1,562,082 is the total electorate count in the Jhansi Lok Sabha Constituency (constituency number 46). Out of these 835,184 number of electorates are males and the remaining 726,898 are belong to the female category as the Election commission of India 2009 reports suggest. It was formed in 1951 and in 2004 was recorded having a total number of 1,516,320 voters. The Jhansi city is the headquarters of the Jhansi District bordered by the districts of Jalaun, Harimpur, Mahoba, Lalitpur and Tikamgarh. The city is under the Jhansi Division and lies at an elevation of 285 m. It is famous for being a center of Indian Independence.

The district has a population of 2,000,755 and sprawls over an area of 5,024 sq km. Almost 52% of the population consists of males and the rest 48% comprises of females and about 14% constitutes of children below the age of six. The sex ratio here is 890 females for every 1000 males. The average literacy rate is 75.05%, male literacy rate is 85.38% and female literacy rate is 63.49%. There is a 91.5% Hindu majority while Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Jains also reside here. Seevral premier schools and colleges are located here including the infamous Maharani Laxmi Bai Medical College. NH-12A, NH-25, NH-26, NH-75 and NH-76 pass through the area.

List of winner/current and runner up MPs Jhansi Parliamentary Constituency.

The table below represents the names of all the winning and runner up MPs of Jhansi parliamentary constituency of all the years from the starting until now . It also shows the number of votes secured by each MP and the name of the political party they belong to. The current sitting member of parliament of the Jhansi constituency is Uma Bharti of BJP.

YearPC No.PC NameCategoryWinner/Current MPGenderPartyVoteRunner Up MPGenderPartyVote
201446JhansiGENUma BhartiFBJP575889Dr. Chandrapal Singh YadavMSP385422
200946JhansiGENJain Aditya ,Shri Pradeep Kumar MINC252712Ramesh Kumar SharmaMBSP205042
200457JhansiGENChandrapal Singh YadavMSP238782Babu Lal KushwahaMBSP212483
199961JhansiGENSujan Singh BundelaMINC283387Rajendra AgnihotriMBJP200866
199861JhansiGENRajendra AgnihotriMBJP273333Hargovind KushwahaMSP222965
199661JhansiGENRajendra AgnihotriMBJP163836Hargovind KushwahaMSP134152
199161JhansiGENRajendra AgnihotriMBJP185185Om Prakash RichariyaMIND103114
198961JhansiGENRajendra AgnihotriMBJP283571Sujan SinghbundelaMINC180373
198461JhansiGENSujan Singh BundelaMINC245029Rajendra AgnihotriMBJP129106
198061JhansiGENVishwa Nath SharmaMINC(I)191672Ramesh SinhaMCPI81918
197761JhansiGENSushila NaiyarMBLD222118Govind Das RichhariaMINC91633
197161JhansiGENGovind Dass RichhariaMINC143137Sushila NayarMNCO68566
196761JhansiGENS. NayarMINC103073R. Khera MBJS65695
196262JhansiGENShushila NayarMINC89445Panna Lal MCPI78355
195728JhansiGENSushila NayarMINC109230Chandan SinghMCPI37461


*PC = Parliamentary Constituency

Facts about current sitting MP of Jhansi Constituency

Name of MP Uma Bharati Sushree
Age 59
Nature of Membership Elected
Term May, 2014 to In office
Political Party Bharatiya Janata Party
Gender Female
Educational Qualification 6th Standard
Activities of Uma Bharati Sushree in 16th Lok Sabha
Debates participated 16
Private member bills passed 0
Questions asked 0
Attendance N/A

Note:Data corresponds to the period 1 June 2014 to 13 Feb 2018.



List of Assembly Constituencies in Jhansi Parliamentary Constituency

The table below shows the list of all the Assembly Constituencies that fall in Jhansi parliamentary constituency.

Names of Assembly Constituencies
Babina Jhansi NagarMauranipur (SC)
LalitpurMehroni (SC)

Last Updated on February 24, 2015


Track your constituency