C P Joshi Latest News And Updates
The Congress, in an effort to expand its media outreach, on Tuesday brought in many articulate and young faces as spokespersons while appointing Aja..... Read More
The Congress on Tuesday termed the BJP's mission in Bihar to win 185 seats in the assembly polls later this year as "Mungeri Lal Ke Haseen ..... Read More
About CP JoshiDr. C. P Joshi, known as "C.P. Saheb" is a Congressman. He is a Member of the Parliament of India from Bhilwara in the 15th Lok Sabha.
Personal backgroundBorn on 29 July, 1950 at Nathdwara, Rajasthan, Joshi is the son of Shri Bhudev Prasad Joshi & Smt. Sushila Devi Joshi. He attained his primary and higher secondary education at Nathdwara. He did his B.A. in Law from M. B. College, Udaipur. Afterwards he completed his Masters in Physics and Psychology. He also has a Ph.D. in Psychology. C. P. Joshi has
Involvement of Joshi in politics was initiated by Mohan Lal Sukhadia, popularly known as the founder of modern Rajasthan. Since then his contribution to politics has been significant.
Professional backgroundDr. Joshi began his political career in 1973 and gradually climbed the ladder of success. Some of his noteworthy political activities and achievements are listed below:
- Became President of the Student's Union for University of Udaipur in 1973.
- As Cabinet Minister for Rajasthan in 1998, he managed various departments like Rural Development, Panchayti Raj, Education, Information Technology, Public Health, Engineering and Policy Planning.
- Appointed as President of the Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee in 2003.
- In May 2009 he began his first term in the Parliament of India as head of the Union Ministry for Rural Development and Panchayti Raj.
- Member of the Vidhan Sabha of Rajasthan for four terms, representing Nathdwara.
- Started Google India’s Getting Women Online project. The objective of the campaign is to train Indian women to make use of internet, which in turn will enhance their skills.
- President of the Rajasthan Cricket Association. The Ranji Trophy was won twice by the Rajasthan team during his term.
|You may also like to read|
|Know about Murli Manohar Joshi|
|Know Political Journey of Mulayam Singh Yadav|
|Know about Elections in India|
Devlopments under C. P. JoshiC. P. Joshi has also initiated several development works for Bhilwara, such as:
- Rajiv Gandhi Sewa Kendra scheme was started across the country.
- He started the Bhilwara water supply scheme.
- He started the 101 Self-Help Groups schemes so that the youth of Bhilwara could avail training and employment opportunities.
- He has restarted the PMG scheme, through which 1,500 km of roads were allotted for the state.
Status of C P Joshi and his opponent candidates against from Jaipur Rural Parliamentary Constituency in RajasthanThe table below shows the status of C P Joshi and candidates contesting against him from Jaipur Rural lok sabha seat with their party names and symbols along with the votes secured by each candidate.
|Candidate Name||Political Party||Symbol||Status||votes|
|Narayan Lal Parihar||BNP||--||N.A|
|Kamal Kumar Gaur||IND||--||N.A|
|Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore||BJP||--||632930|
|Shayam Singh Rathore||LS||--||N.A|
|Tek Chand Sonwal||API||--||N.A|
|Ajay Kumar Sharma||JGP||--||N.A|
|Dr. Om Singh Meena||IND||--||N.A|
Last Updated on 25 February, 2017.