About Election Commission of Madhya Pradesh
The State Election Commission of Madhya Pradesh supervises the conduct of all elections in the state. He is a full time officer and has a small team of supporting staff. Under the provisions of the Constitution (Seventy-third Amendment) Act, 1992 and the Constitution (Seventy-fourth Amendment) Act, 1992, the State Election Commissions and the State Election Commissioners are entrusted with supervising the preparation of the electoral rolls for the groundwork and conduct of the elections to Panchayats and Municipalities.
History of Elections in Madhya Pradesh and the formation of State Election Commission in the StateMadhya Pradesh was the part of the Central Provinces Legislative Council formed in November 8, 1913. After Independence, many subtractions and additions in the geographical boundaries of the centrally located states, led to the emergence of Madhya Pradesh. The first State Election occurred under the supervision of the Election Commission of India in the year of 1957 for the Vidhan Sabha of 321 members.
Since its inception, the Election Commission of Madhya Pradesh has been controlling and regulating all electoral processes within Madhya Pradesh. In this year 2013, Madhya Pradesh is going to organize its 14th General State Elections.
Chief Electoral Officerers of Madhya Pradesh
The current Chief Electoral Officer of Madhya Pradesh is Mr. Jaideep Govind. He is an IAS Officer of the batch 0f 1984. He became the Chief Electoral Officer of Madhya Pradesh in 2009.
Mr Jaideep Govind's task is to ensure free and fair elections in Madhya Pradesh. He has taken up many policies so far to keep away the involvement of black money in the elections and regulated excessive poll expenses by candidates by fixing a ceiling of Rs 16 lakhs. He also hiked up the budget for inspecting the EVMs manually before the polls to avoid any discrepancies.
Officers appointed by Election Commission of Madhya Pradesh
The Election Commission of Madhya Pradesh has the following list of officers:
1. Shri Jaideep Govind, Chief Electoral Officer
2. Shri S.S. Bansal, Joint Chief Electoral Officer
3. Shri Sanjay Singh Baghel, O.S.D SVEEP
4. Smt Bharti Ogrey, Deputy Chief Electoral Officer and E-Roll and IT
5. Ms. Roohi Khan, Deputy Chief Electoral Officer
6. Shri R.N. Singh, Assistant Chief Electoral Officer
7. Shri Govind Lachwani, Assistant Chief Electoral Officer
8. Shri Rajesh Kumar Kaul, Section Officer Establishment and RTI Section-I
9. Shri L.K. Bijlani, Accounts Officer Account, Audit, Budget and Post Facto Section II
10. Shri Ram Dayal Malaviya, Coordination and Sec. Officer Account and Audit Section II
11. hri Hitendra Kumar Kaushik, Programmer Electoral Roll Section III
12. Shri Amit Abhishekh Shrivastava, System Analyst Conduct of Election Section IV
13. Shri Rajeev Jain, Programmer Section IVA
14. Shri Ismail Saify, Section Officer Section IVA
Schedules of Election & Budget for Madhya Pradesh Election
The Election Commission of India has not decided on the poll schedule in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Delhi and Mizoram which together go into state assembly polls in the later part of 2013. Political parties though, are expecting Assembly elections in all the five states after the festival of Diwali.
The Secretariat of the Commission has an independent budget, which is finalized directly in consultation between the Commission and the Finance Ministry of the Union Government. The latter generally accepts the recommendations of the Commission for its budgets. For Capital equipment, expenditure related to preparation for electoral rolls and the scheme for Electors' Identity Cards too, the expenditure is shared equally. The exact figure of the amount for assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh has not been disclosed.
Madhya Pradesh Nirvachan Sadan Address and Contact Details
17, Arera Hills, Bhopal,
Tel: 0755-2550488, 2551282, 2571924
Last Updated on August 11, 2014